NC ACDA is proud to be participating in the national Sing Up membership campaign 2017.
Students can join or renew their ACDA membership by attending Fall Conference and opting in on the FREE membership. Just let us know at the registration desk that you want the FREE ACDA student membership. Complete the membership form at registration or bring a completed form with you. The form is online at acda.org. Click on About Us: Membership Central. NC ACDA and the national office will share the costs of your membership for the year!
Most ACDA member benefits are available to students. Two of note are (1) ACDA Mentoring, a choral conductor mentoring program that you can learn more about at http://mentoring.acda.org , and (2) student chapters, bringing student members of ACDA together on college campuses. In addition:
- The Choral Journal in e-journal format
- ACDA’s electronic journals ChorTeach (for the music educator) and the International Journal for Research in Choral Singing (for scholarly choral articles)
- Publish in the “Student Times” section of Choral Journal
- Full conference and state meetings options, including graduate credit and Continuing Education Units for qualifying national and divisional conference activities
- Student scholarships to national and some divisional conferences
- Student conducting and composition awards
- Outstanding doctoral research award
Looking for New Members:
The national office allows each state president to distribute 10 memberships to persons who have not connected with ACDA. (Non-renewing members are not eligible for the drawing.) President Andy Roby will hold drawings for three of these FREE one-year memberships at the MENC Luncheon for attendees who are not members of ACDA. Please invite colleagues who are not in ACDA to our events. No one knows the benefits of ACDA membership better than our members. That’s why you are our best advocates. Encourage potential members to attend Fall Conference to see what North Carolina ACDA is doing.
Not sure what to say when speaking with a colleague? Tell your story. What does ACDA offer to you as a choral director? Networking. Conferences. Honor Choirs. Publications. Mentoring.
Need More Information
Contact Ginger Wyrick, Membership Chair, for additional information or help with the process.